Press "Enter" to skip to content

Posts tagged as “the Honolulu Fire Department”

58-year-old Man Hospitalized After Being Bitten by Shark While Surfing Off Honolulu Coast

A 58-year-old man was hospitalized in serious condition Sunday morning after being bitten by a shark while surfing off the coast of Honolulu, Hawaii. Surfers nearby had already applied a tourniquet to the victim's wound before EMS and the Honolulu Fire Department arrived to administer life-saving treatment. Hawaii's Department of Land and Natural Resources advises people to be aware of their surroundings while in the ocean and to avoid swimming or surfing near schools of fish.